Welcome an International Student into your home!
Livingstone Range School Division is looking for Homestay families to host International Students for a short or long-term stay. Students may stay for one month, one semester, one year, or an amount of time in-between.
Remuneration, depending on the length of stay, if offered to offset the student’s living costs.
Homestay Families willing to open their hearts and homes to these junior and senior high aged International Students are asked to provide the following amenities:
- Private bedroom
- Three wholesome meals a day and snacks as required
- Quiet, well-lit and heated study space
- Access to the common living areas of the house
- Hot water and facilities for bathing
- Emotional and academic support
- Interaction with family members
- Participation in family activities
- Internet connection
Please be aware that a Criminal Record Check (including a Vulnerable Sector Check) and a Child Intervention Check will need to be provided for all Home Family residents over the age of 18.
The Benefits of Becoming a Homestay Family
Becoming a Homestay Family for the Livingstone Range School Division International Education Program offers a range of benefits. They include:
- Learning about another cultures, traditions and customs
- Having the opportunity to experience a cultural exchange in the comfort of your own home
- Seeing our own Canadian culture through the eyes of an International Student
- Making a difference in the life of a young citizen of the world
- Receiving a monthly stipend to support groceries and quality of life activities
- Encouraging families to spend more time doing things together
- Developing a lasting friendship with the International Student and his or her family
- Acquiring an interest in a new culture that could lead to new travel and language learning opportunities for you and your children
If you would like more information about the Homestay Program or to refer a family, please contact us immediately.
Need more in-depth information about what to expect when you host a student? View here for our handbook, Host Family Information Guide.
Interested in becoming a Homestay Host family?
Have more questions? Drop us a line and we'll be more than happy to answer your questions.
Livingstone Range School Division No 68
Box 69, 5202-5 Street East
Claresholm, AB T0L 0T0
Phone: (403)-625-3356 Fax: (403)-625-2424