LRSD SOFTWARE SUBSCRIPTION SITES FOR STUDENTS
The Livingstone Range School Division subscribes to several software sites. Click on the links to see some of what we provide for our students.
Read & Write for Google Chrome offers a range of powerful support tools to help students gain confidence with reading, writing, studying and research. this tool includes:
• Hearing words, passages, or whole documents read aloud with easy-to-follow dual color highlighting
• Seeing the meaning of words explained with text and picture dictionaries
• Hearing text translated into other languages
• Getting suggestions for the current or next word as you type
• Turning words into text as you speak
• Highlighting text in documents or the web and collect for use in other documents
• Creating and listening to voice notes directly inside of Google Docs
• Simplify and summarize text on web pages
Read & Write for Google Chrome works with web pages and common file types in Google Drive, including Google Docs & PDF
FreshGrade is an online portfolio where teachers, students and parents all interact to capture and comment on the student's school work. The program also allows teachers to create and grade custom assignments, which are then tracked in the tool.
- Freshgrade Teacher Sign-in is here.
OverDrive is a free service offered by your library or school that lets you borrow digital content (like eBooks and audiobooks) anytime, anywhere. Every OverDrive collection is slightly different because each library or school picks the digital content they want for their users.
Discovery Education Canada partners with school districts across the country to transform teaching & learning and improve student achievement. Digital textbooks, curricular resources, and professional development support schools as they make their transition to digital.
Reaching 50% of North American schools, 3.5 million educators, and 38 million students, and formed of the creative energy that brought the world the Discovery Channel, we are proud to help transform schools one classroom, one educator, and one child at a time.
- Canada's leading provider of educational media is proud to offer instant on-demand access to over 4,500 full length and 20,000 clip level educational video programs. This web-based program has award-winning content accessible 24 hours a day 7 seven days a week. Educators can search, stream and download content that has been correlated to the provincial curriculum.
- 150,000+ media resources for teachers and students. All subjects, all K-12 grades.
ExamBank is a powerful resource for Alberta students in all grades. They now offer online study resources in academic subject areas for everyone!
Join the hundreds of thousands of Alberta students who have enhanced their learning experience by writing randomized practice exams that relate directly to the curriculum as outlined by Alberta Education. The computer will mark your practice exam as soon as you're done so that you can immediately see where your strengths and weaknesses lie. As the service is entirely web-based, no software needs to be installed, and it works equally well on Windows, Macintosh, or any other computer system with an Internet connection. In addition, web delivery allows us to continually update and add content to our database of tens of thousands of questions.
Additional software that schools can subscribe to. Check with your principal to see if your school is using any of these sites.
- BrainPOP creates animated resources that support educators and engage students - in school, at home, and on mobile devices. Their content includes movies, quizzes, games, mobile apps, activity pages, and much more covering hundreds of topics within Math, Science, Social Studies, English, Technology, Arts & Music, and Health. All content is aligned to and searchable by state standards including Common Core.
- Learning A-Z provides the resources and tools needed to confront literacy as we know it today. Explore our rich array of award-winning products to see how they empower teachers and equip students with the modern-day skills they require to thrive inside and outside the classroom. These programs include:
- Raz-Plus is a blended learning platform that combines teacher-led whole-class and small-group instruction with technology-enabled resources for personalized reading practice.
- Reading A-Z
- Reading A-Z is famous with educators for its extensive collection of leveled reading resources. With more than 1,500 books at 29 levels of reading difficulty to choose from, you can easily put developmentally appropriate content into each student's hands.
- Raz-Kids is an award-winning resource that provides a library of differentiated books at 29 levels of difficulty students use to practice reading in school, at home, or on the go. Digital and mobile access means that students get the personalized reading practice they need anytime, anywhere.
- Building reading skills in early grades is vital for a lifetime of success. Headsprout is an online kids reading program for K-5 students that provides teachers and parents with one adaptive, individualized reading solution.
- Mathletics courses are aligned to the outcomes and expectations of provincial math curricula and designed for all learning styles. Questions include animated tutorials, audio support and adapt to the learning pace of each child.
- Reading Eggs
Learn essential reading skills - Children complete animated online lessons where they learn essential reading and phonics skills. The variety of fun activities within each lesson provides the repetition needed for these skills to become part of the child’s long-term memory.
Read books online - Children gain confidence by reading online books that only contain words they have already studied in the program. There are over 2000 leveled books in the Reading Eggs program.