MHHS Student Selected for Minister's Youth Council
Livingstone Range School Division and Matthew Halton High School are proud to share that MHHS student Ewen Erickson has been selected as a member of the Alberta Education Minister's Youth Council for 2018-2019.
The Council is comprised of 33 students from across Alberta who will lend a broad and diverse range of life experiences, knowledge and skills to provide input on education issues.
Message from Alberta Education Minister David Eggen:
It is with great pleasure that I announce the members of my Minister’s Youth Council for 2018/19.
We are eagerly anticipating the continuation of this youth–adult partnership, which will begin again in the next school year. Working at the provincial level, the council will share diverse student perspectives and provide input on education issues. Council members will attend three meetings in Edmonton at the Bennett Centre: October 12 to October 15, 2018; February 1 to 4, 2019; and May 3 to 6, 2019.
Please accept my sincere appreciation for your support throughout the recruitment process. We were thrilled to receive more than 300 applications from junior and senior high school students across the province. I admire our students’ passion for leadership and desire to make a difference in Alberta’s education system.
With so many exceptional applicants, the decisions were very difficult to make. All applications were reviewed and 60 interviews were conducted by a provincial selection team. Selected students and their school authorities were contacted with the good news.
Congratulations to the 2018/19 Minister’s Youth Council:
- Alex Korchinski-Pye, Calgary, Calgary Board of Education
- Anika Lukie, Fort Saskatchewan, Elk Island Catholic School Division
- Aria Finley, Ponoka, Wolf Creek School Division
- Broenyn Armstrong-Lettis, Peace River, Holy Family Catholic Regional Division
- Brynn Farrants, Edmonton, Edmonton Public School Board
- Cameron Litowski, Red Deer, Red Deer Public School District
- Carolyn Huang, Edmonton, Edmonton Public School Board
- Dylan Taylor, Lethbridge, Lethbridge School District
- Emerald Robinson, Edmonton, Elk Island Public Schools
- Emily Chen, Calgary, Calgary Board of Education
- Emma Bowman, Yellowhead County, Grande Yellowhead Public School Division
- Ewen Erickson, Pincher Creek, Livingstone Range School Division
- Faryal Faisal, Edmonton, Edmonton Islamic School Society
- Gracyn Golinowski, Wainwright, East Central Alberta Catholic Schools
- Izabella Faytone, Lethbridge, Holy Spirit Roman Catholic Regional Division
- Jadyn Anderson, Calgary, Calgary Board of Education
- Jeremy Christopherson, Fort McMurray, Fort McMurray Public School District
- Joanne Picard, Edmonton, Edmonton Catholic School Division
- Joel Noskey-Wigton, Red Earth Creek, Loon River First Nation
- Jonas Lehar, Calgary, Calgary Catholic School District
- Kierah Patterson, Calgary, Calgary Academy
- Krish Shah, Fort McMurray, Fort McMurray Public School District
- Leo Huang, Calgary, Calgary Board of Education
- Madelynn Wait, Spruce Grove, Edmonton Public School Board
- Nalyn Tindall, Camrose, Battle River School Division
- Pakeeza Mushtaq, Brooks, Grasslands Regional Division
- Sarthak Singh, Calgary, Westmount Charter School Society
- Sheena Noskey, Grande Prairie, Grande Prairie Public School District
- Sienna Dickson, Wetaskiwin, Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools
- Sofia Calderon, Edmonton, Edmonton Public School Board
- Tadhg Ho, Sherwood Park, Elk Island Public Schools
- Tahir Natha, Calgary, Pembina Hills Public School Division
- Tennille Daychief, Big Valley, East Central Alberta Catholic Schools
Collectively, the council will bring a broad and diverse range of life experiences, knowledge and skills from all types of schools across Alberta. In the near future, more information will be shared about the council members and posted on the Alberta Education website.
If you have any questions regarding the provincial student engagement strategy, please contact Mark Bevan, Director, Strategic Engagement Branch, at email@example.com or 780-644-1809 (toll-free by first dialing 310‑0000).
I look forward to working with students and Alberta Education staff to create collaborative working relationships that will help to shape the education system and ultimately prepare Albertans for success.
Minister of Education